- Insect pests of nurseries, plantations and forests and their integrated management.
- Bioprospecting, bioinoculants and beneficial microbes/ insects for plant productivity enhancement, industrial use, bioremediation and livelihood generation.
- Insect biodiversity and effect of climate change on entomological problems, including biotechnologies interventions.
- Biodegradation and bio-deterioration of wood
- Provide plant quarantine and other services with respect to forestry species involving entomological expertise.
To work out insect pests management practices to increase the productivity of natural and manmade forest.