All administrative matters pertaining to Forest Research Institute are dealt in various offices under control of Registrar, F.R.I. These sections/offices are:-
There are three Establishment Sections headed by Establishment and Accounts Officer (Est.), F.R.I.
- Establishment Section-I: Deals with all the administrative and personnel matters in respect of all Group ‘A’ and ‘B’ officers of Forest Research Institute.
- Establishment Section-II: Deals with all the administrative and personnel matters in respect of all Group ‘C’ officials of Forest Research Institute.
- Establishment Section-III: Deals with all the administrative and personnel matters in respect of all Group ‘D’ officials of Forest Research Institute.
- Registrar, F.R.I. is also the Estate Officer dealing with all matters related to F.R.I. Estate.
(C) DPC Cell:
- Deals with the maintenance of ACRs in respect of all Group ‘C’ and ‘B’ (Non-Gazetted) officers and preparing of proposals for new recruitment of Group ‘C’ and ‘D’ and their promotions.
There are Building and Misc. Sections headed by Establishment and Accounts Officer (Gen.), F.R.I.
- Building Section: Deals with all the matters related to F.R.I. Estate including allotment of residential and non-residential buildings, including providing facility of telephones through the Telephone Exchange, F.R.I.
- Misc. Section: Deals with matters like issuing official identity cards, medical treatment books and visitor’s passes, general circulars, applications under Right to Information Act etc.
- Record Section: It is central record room of F.R.I. It keeps all old records of different divisions of F.R.I.
- Dispatch Section: Performs the work of dispatch of letters of different divisions of F.R.I.
(E) Stores Section:
- Deals with all the matters related to the central store of Forest Research Institute which is under the control of Store Officer, FRI.
(F) Watch & Ward Section:
- Deals with all matters regarding security and sanitation under the control of Watch and Ward Officer, F.R.I.
(G) Hindi Section:
- Deals with translation work and all works related to Hindi language and releases a Hindi Magazine – Van Anusandhan Patrika.
(H) Vigilance Section:
- Registrar, FRI is also the Vigilance Officer, F.R.I. The section deals with all departmental disciplinary matters related to F.R.I.
Registrar’s Role & Responsibilities.
a) Information and feedback to the Director regarding Human Resources.
b) Upkeep of infrastructure of Institute.
c) Work environment.
d) Human resource development of institute’s Group C & D personnel.
e) Control of documents and records.
f) Feedback to MR regarding the performance of quality management system.