- Conservation of biodiversity
- Production, Certification and supply of Quality seeds of fuel, fodder and timber species.
- Social Forestry/ Agro forestry.
- Conservation and eco-restoration of ecologically fragile and disturbed areas.
- Utilization of non-conventional wood and weeds for manufacture of forest products.
- Development of technology for reclamation of wastelands.
- Planting stock improvement programme of different species.
- Geological, geomorphological and micro-morphological studies on skeletal and sodic soils.
- Reclamation and ecological monitoring of mined areas.
- Development of technology for eco-friendly preservative.
- Forestry Education and Policy Research to meet emerging challenges.