The Forest Research Institute was conferred with the status of a Deemed to be University in December 1991 by the Government of India on the recommendation of the UGC. Subsequently, it was notified as FRI University vide notification dated 12.02.2007, with reference to UGC notification no. F.6-1(II)/2006 (CPP-I) dated 13.09.2006. Being the first and only University of the country administrating research dedicated exclusively to Forestry, the University aims at spreading the fruits of research and higher education in the forestry sector to the young students through post graduation and diplomas in forestry and allied sciences. The Director General of ICFRE is the Chancellor and Director FRI Vice Chancellor of the University.
- Impart education in different branches of forestry and environment.
- Provide for research and advancement and dissemination of knowledge in the field of forestry and environment.
- Create consciousness about forest and environment among people through forestry extension programmes.
- Carry out such other activities as may be necessary and desirable to further the safeguarding of environment and protection of forests and wildlife.
FOREST RESEARCH INSTITUTE DEEMED TO BE UNIVERSITY ADMISSION
- Announcement For Online Remote Proctored Enterance Test 2022
- FRI Information Bulletin For The Session (2022-2024)
- Sample Question Paper
- M.Sc. Application Form 2022-24 For Foreign Candidates
- M.Sc.Application Form For 2022-2024
For more information log on to : http://fridu.edu.in/