List of Completed Projects
|S.No.||Name of project||Name of PI with Designation||Project Duration||Project members Name||Funding agency|
|01||Effect of Pine and Oak forest on agriculture crops||Mr. Omkar Singh, IFS Head||2005 – 2008||Mr Deepak Khanna, Dr. S. B. Singh, Dr. Nirmal Ram, Mr. P. K. Gupta, Dr. Charan Singh, Ajay Gulati||ICFRE|
|02||Eco-restoration and conservation initiatives at Danda Shrinagraja in Garhwal Himalayas||Dr. Charan Singh, Scientist||2008 to 2010||G. B. Pant Institute of Himalayan Ecology & Environment, Almorah|
|03||Tree – Crop interactions: Effect of Melia sp. on crops||Dr. Charan Singh Scientist||2005 to 2011||ICFRE|
|04||Effect of Populus deltoids on medicinal plants||Dr. Charan Singh, Scientist||2005 to 2011||ICFRE|
|05||Status of Agroforestry in Punjab, Haryana, Uttarakhand and Western Uttar Pradesh||Smt.Jayshree Ardey, IFS Shri Sandeep Kujur, IFS||2012 to 2015||CoPI Dr. Charan Singh, CoPI Mr. Rambir Singh||ICFRE|
|06||Development of model of some important medicinal plants with Melia composita and Emblica officinalis in degraded land of Punjab and Uttarakhand||Mr. Rambir Singh, Scientist-C||2011 to, 2016||Dr. Charan Singh, Scientist||ICFRE|
Following project were completed
- Development of agro techniques for enhancing productivity of some important medicinal plants with Melia compositaand Emblica officinalis and improvement of degraded land in Punjab and Uttarakhand.
- Initiation for development of agro techniques for enhancing productivity of some important tree species with agriculture crops in fallow and degraded land in UP and Uttarakhand.
Networking Forestry Education with research and extension
Organization of Conference/seminar
Organized Conference of Medicinal Plants: cultivation and marketing on 17 March 2017 at FRI, Dehradun. More than 150 participants participated in the conference.
Participation in Seminars/Symposia/Workshops/Trainings
- A.K.Pandey, Head, Extension Division has delivered lecture in the conference on Medicinal Plants: Cultivation and Marketing held at FRI, Dehradun on 17th March 2017.
- Shri Rambir Singh, Scientist-C, Extension Division, FRI attended three days training workshop on “Design of Experiments” at ICFRE, Dehradun w.e.f. 4th to 6th May, 2016.
- Devendra Kumar, Scientist-D and Shri Rambir Singh, Scientist-C, Extension Division, FRI participated and delivered a guest lecture on Agroforestry in one day conference on “Agroforestry-An approach for livelihood improvement” on 03.03.2017 at CSFER, Allahabad.
- Extension Division, FRI participated and stalled exhibition in 2nd India International Science Festival-2016 at Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, Dehradun from 28thto 29th November, 2016.
Capacity Building Scientific and Management Cadre (Trainings Organized)
- Conducted five days training on “Agroforestry and land management” to the farmers of Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh w.e.f. 08.08.2016 to 12.08.2016 at City Centre, Photogallery, Dehradun.
- Conducted five days training on “Cultivation and Utilization of Medicinal Plants” to the farmers of Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh w.e.f. 19.09.2016 to 23.09.2016 at FRI, Dehradun.
- Conducted three days training on “Cultivation and Utilization of Medicinal Plants” under VVK to the farmers & NGOs e.f. 17.10.2016 to 19.10.2016 at VVK, Botanical Garden, Chandigarh.
- Conducted three days training on “Medicinal Plants based Agroforestry” Under VVK to the farmers & NGOs of Haryana w.e.f. 07.11.2016 to 09.11.2016 at VVK, Pinjore, Haryana.
Forestry Extension through Mass media
- 16 Radio Talks have been recorded and broadcasted by All India Radio (AIR) on various Forestry Research Technologies developed FRI, Dehradun
- 10 Television Talks have been recorded and telecasted by Doordarshan Television on various Forestry Research Technologies developed FRI, Dehradun
Van Vigyan Kendras (VVKs) and Demo Villages (DVs)
- The Director General, ICFRE, Dehradun vide his D.O. No. ADG (M & P)/ICFRE/61 dated 23rdAugust 2007 and subsequent reminder dated 26th November 2007 has written to all the State Forest Departments informing that for quite some time, Research Institutes and Centers of ICFRE located in different agro-ecological/eco-climatic zones of the country have developed many appropriate technologies to more efficient land use. Some of these have already been adopted by user groups including forest departments and farmers. However, the level of adoption is not commensurate with the extent of requirement of the particular technology. This brings out the fact that there is still the need of dissemination of this knowledge from forest departments and different research institutes/centers to the user group. Keeping this in view, it was intended to have Van Vigyan Kendras to assist/help the user groups to have access to technical know-how of appropriate technologies based on our findings.
- In view of the above, the Forest Research Institute, Dehradun till date has established six Van Vigyan Kendras (VVKs) in the States and UTs of its working jurisdiction. Memorandum of Understanding has been signed between the respective concerned Forest Departments and FRI for the established and functioning of VVKs w.e.f. April, 2007 to March, 2012.
- Facilitated visit & demonstrated technology on“Agroforestry and land management” to the Gurukul Trust leaders of teacher of DPSC from Selaqui at FRI on 08.06.2016 and participants of different training programme in the field and Photogallery.
- Facilitated visit of ICMOD delegation from Nepal & demonstrated on “Some important medicinal plants & Beekeeping” at Shyampur Demo Village and FRI on 12.06.2016.